Support for real-time "scrubbing"?

Topics: Developer Forum, User Forum
Developer
Mar 4, 2008 at 5:59 PM

I'd like to use Splicer for multi-track-video-editor-like application. Such an application requires that the user be able to interact with the timeline graph to "scrub" through the video in real-time while rendering a preview onscreen.

Basically, after building the timeline graph I need to be able to run, stop and set the current position of the underlying IMediaControl. It looks like Splicer doesn't support this with out some modification to the renderer classes, however before I start hacking on the code I wanted to see if there was another approach I am missing.

Thanks!
Coordinator
Apr 2, 2008 at 1:44 AM
You would definitely need to modify the code... I don't think it would be too tricky - it's just that splicer was written originally for non-interactive work, in which case you only needed to "write" the timeline once, and processing didn't normally involve outputting to the screen - just encoding to a video file on desk... I wrote it originally for converting/watermarking video clips coming from a multitude of formats and devices.

That said it shouldn't be hard to accommodate this type of functionality... I've made you a developer on the project - so please do check in any changes etc. you make... and I'm happy to help with figuring out any of the tricky bits if you get stuck...

Cheers,

- Alex
Jul 29, 2014 at 12:30 PM
Did anything ever come of this?
Developer
Jul 29, 2014 at 3:13 PM
Wow, it's been eons but I don't think I ever made modifications to Splicer. Actually, I can't even recall what I was working on at the time!