DirectShow.net v2.0

Topics: Developer Forum
Developer
Apr 30, 2008 at 5:29 AM
First up, congratulations to bittercoder on a library that actually looks like it has been designed for the purpose. Why didn't I find this ages ago!

I'm trying to port some existing clip exporting code to use splicer. The problem I have run into is that we currently use DirectShow.net v2 for other things.... Are there any plans to port Splicer to v2? If I port it would you like the modified code back to check back into your codebase?

Regards,
Felix
Coordinator
May 1, 2008 at 3:40 AM
Hi Felix,

I haven't had time to work on this project lately (mostly because my current projects don't require any video/audio conversion functionality) ... so though I had considered porting the library across to DirectShow.Net v2 I just haven't found the time!

I certainly welcome contributions - I've added you as a developer to the project so you can check in any changes you make, and if you need any help just drop me a message.

Cheers,

- Alex
Developer
May 6, 2008 at 5:49 AM
Hi Alex,
I've uploaded a patch that has the updates for DSnet v2. Pretty straightforward but you should probably cast your eyes over a diff.

I tried running the unittests but I get failures (with the head source) caused by a missing filter. WavDest. As far as I can see this is a sample filter from the SDK. Perhaps the sample should be included with Splicer and built as part of the project seeing as it is not in an redistributable. Correct me if I'm wrong here and tell me how to get WavDest!

Thanks for your efforts..

Felix

(in Christchurch)
Coordinator
Jun 13, 2008 at 1:58 PM
Hi Felix, I needed a few fixes to get this working for me (mostly to get some of the tests to pass) - but otherwise it was great - all tests now pass on both 32bit and 64bit platforms, I decided to tidy things up and get a version 1.0 out the door this evening.

Thanks for the help!