This project is read-only.

Great work on the C# Splicer Library

Topics: Developer Forum
Dec 13, 2008 at 3:35 AM
When I came across this project I knew I had to integrate it into our open source Syrinx Community Server (http://syrinx.ph/Community.aspx).  We use splicer to convert video files into WMV and create thumbnails of videos uploaded.  Users can use the content management feature of the Syrinx Community Server to write articles for their web site and embed the WMV into their content.  When users view the article, they first just see the image that was created from a frame in the WMV by Splicer.  Once they click, DHTML changes the image into a embedded windows media player to play the WMV file.  Even works in FireFox, Chome and Safari.

Thanks for the great library and I hope you get a chance to check out how we've integrated it into our own open source project.
Matt
Dec 15, 2008 at 12:16 AM
Hi Matt,

I'm pleased to hear you've found it useful :) - I should have some spare time next week (once I'm on holiday) to have a quick look at Syrinx Community Server, I'm definitely curious to take a look at at how you're using/integrating Splicer... I'll probably post a little blurb on my blog as well to forward some clicks your way.

Cheers,

- Alex