prx files in WindowsMediaRenderer

Topics: Developer Forum
Mar 22, 2007 at 12:36 PM
Hi Alex,

I had seen that you have been using .prx files in WindowsMediaRenderer. Looking into it i figured out that prx files contain header and more information of output file. Is that correct ?

All the prx files available there are for WindowsProfiles. Is there any such .prx for 3gp file generation. Can you please update me in this issue.

Thanks,

QTDev

Coordinator
Mar 25, 2007 at 12:50 AM
Hi QuickTime

Splicer currently comes with 3 renderers:

• WindowsMediaRenderer - for creating windows media files (WMA/WMV) - uses profiles which can be created using the windows media SDK.
  • AviFileRenderer - for creating AVI container files, where you can select the audio and video codecs.
  • WavFileRenderer - for creating WAV container files, where you can select the encoding (if any).

You can write your own renderer to wrap a proprietary set of filters you want to wire up for your encoding scenario... just get graph edit (comes with the DirectX SDK) and wire up the filters manually to achieve the desired encoding results, and then translate that into code... the AviFileRenderer would be a good starting point, but it will require understanding a little about the underlying DirectShow.

Cheers,

- Alex
Apr 4, 2007 at 6:50 AM
Thanx Alex. I will try and post the code here once it is successful :-)